Monique is a Certified Breast Massage Therapist and Breast Health Educator. On completion of a brief questionnaire, breast massage can be incorporated into any session.
Many women, at some point in their life, will experience breast congestion, breast pain, the discomforts of surgical procedures, anxieties about lumps or other changes in their breast tissue. Pregnancy and breast feeding have their own set of associated breast tissue needs.
Breast massage is effective circulation and tissue mobilization treatment for optimum breast health. Poor circulation can produce various uncomfortable symptoms and in fact some believe there may be a correlation between poor lymph drainage in and around the breast and susceptibility to malignancy.
These sessions are often entirely focused on the upper body, including the breasts but not the nipple or areola, the abdomen, neck, head & shoulders.
Why get breast massage?
- decrease breast pain (mastalgia)
- enhance milk flow & production for breast feeding
- improve respiration
- increase range of motion
- eases tightness due to scar tissue formation from surgery
- increase blood flow, stimulate lymph flow, softens fascia
- prevents stagnation
- alleviates premenstrual breast congestion
- aids in monitoring breast health
Categories: MASSAGE & BODYWORK